(CNN)The Never Trump movement failed four years ago. But a small band of Republicans still bucking their party are back with a new game plan for their second act: turning President Donald Trump’s words and record against him. The most blistering voices in the campaign to defeat Trump are so far not coming from Democrats, but rather from Republicans — and, in some cases, former Republicans — who are delivering a dizzying stream of ads to needle the President and castigate his actions. Yet with polls showing about 9 out of 10 Republicans saying they support Trump, it’s far from certain how many GOP voters are open to turning against the President. But this time, the Never Trump message isn’t simply anti-Trump — it’s explicitly trying to drive voters to Joe Biden. View 2020 presidential election polling “He has done harm to the nation,” Jack Spielman, a 33-year Army veteran and Michigan Republican who voted for Trump in 2016, told CNN. “Just as what happened with the Reagan Democrats, now it’s the Republicans’ turn to become Republican Democrats or Biden Republicans and return the favor. The nation needs us right now to get on a corrective course.” Read More Spielman… Read full this story
- Sens. Schatz and Murphy: Trump won't act on Brazil's forest fires. Congress will ǀ View
- Deep State: Donald Trump’s DHS Chief Directed Attack on Trump’s ‘Return to Mexico’ Program
- US-North Korea summit with President Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un cut short in Vietnam
- The President Is a Corrupt, Bloodthirsty Tyrant, Reports Suggest
- James Comey and Donald Trump: Former FBI director says President fired him to undermine Russia probe
- Did Donald Trump Just Self-Impeach?
- How a CIA analyst, alarmed by Trump's shadow foreign policy, triggered an impeachment inquiry
- Pollak: The Case Against Impeaching President Donald J. Trump
- Donald Trump's Republican opponent Mark Sanford drops out saying he can't compete with his rival's impeachment in race for voters' attention
- Everything We Know About Trump’s Ukraine Whistle-blower Scandal
'Never Trump' movement returns for Act II, armed with President's own words and record have 323 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.