Video PlayerClose LONDON, July 13 (Xinhua) — The biggest change for a generation in Britain’s immigration system will see the end of freedom of movement for millions of European Union nationals, British Home Secretary Priti Patel announced Monday. From Jan. 1, 2021, when the new rules come into effect, residents of the EU’s 27 member states will be treated equally to arrivals from the rest of the world. But EU citizens who started living in Britain by Dec. 31, 2020 will still be able to apply to settle in Britain under the EU settlement scheme until 30 June 2021. More than 3.7 million EU citizens have so far made applications to settle in Britain. Patel unveiled a 130-page document outlining new immigration rules following the country’s departure from the EU after almost 50 years of membership. It will be centered around a points system to determine who will be allowed into Britain, and who will be refused access. A “NEW FAIRER” SYSTEM In its immigration document, the Home Office said the new points-based system will be a fair system, treating people from every part of the world equally. “The British people voted to take back control of our borders and… Read full this story
- Trump is clearly right: We don’t need new immigrants headed directly to welfare
- All You Need to Know About Immigration Rules in Canada
- New OSHA Rule For Personal Protection Equipment
- New Immigrants to America - Establishing Credit
- Why You Need to Be Careful of the New MySpace Rules, And How You Can Make Them Work in Your Favor
- Tier 2 Visa - New Advertising Restrictions!
- What Motivates People to Immigrate?
- Immigration Trial Attorney - What You Need to Know When Choosing One For Your Immigration Case
- Poor Immigration Processing Causes Increased Illegal Immigration Numbers to Soar
- A Few Challenges Facing Canadian Immigrants
Roundup: EU freedom of movement ends under UK's new immigration rules have 299 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.