A Kremlin spokesman has commented on a report about alleged Russian meddling in UK affairs that was leaked on Tuesday, saying Moscow had never interfered in the electoral processes of any country and will not tolerate such attempts. The report , commissioned for the British Parliament’s Intelligence and Security Committee says Russia’s cyber capability is a “matter of grave concern” and poses an “immediate and urgent threat” to national security. Based on secret intelligence material from MI5, MI6, GCHQ, and a handful of contributions from independent experts, the paper says: “The written evidence provided to us appeared to suggest that Her Majesty’s Government had not seen or sought evidence of successful interference in UK democratic processes or any activity that has had a material impact on an election, for example influencing results". EU Referendum – Was There Meddling? Referring to the 2016 Brexit referendum, it says: “Open source studies have pointed to the preponderance of pro-Brexit or anti-EU stories on RT and Sputnik, and the use of ‘bots’ and ‘trolls’, as evidence of Russian attempts to influence the process. We have sought to establish whether there is secret intelligence which supported or built on these studies”. “In response to our… Read full this story
- Kremlin Denies Role in Kushner-Development Bank Chief Talks
- Is Donald Trump Jr.’s Meeting the First Hard Evidence of Collusion With Russia?
- Bolton says Putin denied meddling by "Russian state" in private meeting
- Senators Press Podesta And Other Democrats About Dossier-Related Contacts
- Senators: ‘Substantial Evidence’ That British Spy Misled FBI About Dossier
- Facebook: No new evidence of Russian meddling in Brexit vote
- Iran attack: How much influence does UK have in US-Iran crisis?
- America-Iran crisis RECAP: US denies it is leaving Iraq for first time in 17 years
- General election 2019: Row over Labour's 'NHS for sale' claim
- Steele Identified Russian Dossier Sources, Notes Reveal
Russia Report: Kremlin Denies Election Meddling as Dossier Compiled by UK Spy Agencies Published have 301 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 21, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.