An infamous serial killer of children whose body was put on public display in Thailand for six decades has been cremated.Si Quey’s preserved body had been kept in a glass case at Bangkok’s Siriraj Medical Museum – also known as the Museum of Death – since he was executed by firing squad in 1959, aged 32.The Siriraj Hospital, where the museum is, had used his preserved corpse to teach medical students.His body was finally cremated on Thursday at a temple opposite Bang Kwang Prison, north of Bangkok, where Si Quey was executed.Chinese immigrant gardener Si Quey was convicted of murdering seven boys and was accused of removing their internal organs, boiling them and eating them. Advertisement Si Quey was caught allegedly trying to burn the corpse of eight-year-old boy Somboon Boonyakan in Rayong, south of Bangkok, after allegedly removing his heart and liver.He confessed to the murders after being arrested in 1958 but denied the cannibalism charges, however in recent years doubts over his guilt have been raised. More from Thailand Baby turtles thrive on tourist-free Thai beaches and bright orange baby monkeys ‘living happily’ in parks Will local lockdowns scupper plans to reopen schools ‘full-time’? Coronavirus: Greece extends travel… Read full this story
- U.S. serial killer Samuel Little confessed to 90 murders, Federal Bureau of Investigation says
- Meet the trainer behind James McAvoy’s and Gal Gadot’s killer bods
- Police ID body of Marine, once thought AWOL, from 1974 East Long Beach murder
- Cold case solved: Sheriff’s officials identify killer of Bill Medley’s ex-wife in Hermosa Beach in 1976
- Genesis P-Orridge Has Always Been a Provocateur of the Body. Now She’s at Its Mercy.
- For more than 50 years, I never spoke of Emmett': Till's cousin opens up in PBS documentary
- 25-year-old murder case of Missouri girl remains unsolved
- Gov. Brown: Killer firestorms are ‘the new abnormal,’ while Woolsey blaze 10% contained
- Serial bank robber Kent Hall fighting PTSD in Michigan
- Staying on track: A handful of Iowa schools offer child care for student parents
Thailand: Child serial killer Si Quey's body cremated after 60 years on public display have 332 words, post on news.sky.com at July 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.