Covid-19: the current count in IndiaAs of Tuesday evening, India’s total tally of Covid-19 cases was 911,629, out of which 573,953 people have recovered and 23,788 have died due to the virus. Globally, the virus has so far infected 13,267,250 and reportedly killed 576,316.Covid-19 vaccine & costMaintaining momentum, Bharat Biotech has started the first phase of human clinical trials for India’s first Covid-19 vaccine candidate Covaxin. The trials will have a sample size of 1,500 persons from locations including New Delhi, Patna, Chennai, Kanpur, Goa, Gorakhpur, Bhubaneswar, Rohtak, Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad.At present, volunteers at 14 locations across the country are undergoing “safety and screening” study to check all parameters, including infections, liver functions, possible exposure to Covid-19 or similar infectious diseases before being administered the vaccine. “After an all-clear, the subjects would be given what we call a ‘naïve’ status. This would mean that they can be administered small doses of the vaccine,” a senior ICMR official told the Economic Times.Earlier this month, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) director general Balram Bhargava wrote that “in view of public health emergency and the urgency to launch the vaccine, all the stakeholders are being strictly advised to fast track all… Read full this story
- 20 fiction fireside reads for every taste this autumn
- How the malaria vaccine could change world health
- BBC Devon & Cornwall Live: 19 August 2019
- Surgery given six months to improve
- 20 offenders who appeared in court this week
- Snakebite: the race to find a universal antivenom
- Is it right to use Nazi research if it can save lives?
- Philippines declares a national dengue epidemic after 622 deaths
- Brian Boyd
- 'I had 3-day fling with a serial killer
The speed read: India begins local Covid-19 vaccine clinical trial; Russian vaccine to debut next month have 270 words, post on cfo.economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 15, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.