(FILES) In this file illustration photo taken on April 13, 2020 the social media application logo of TikTok is displayed on the screen of an iPhone in Arlington, Virginia Amazon workers were given a July 10, 2020 deadline to dump the TikTok mobile application because of unspecified security concerns, according to a Wall Street Journal report.(Olivier DOULIERY / AFP) Trump last week had said he is considering banning the wildly-popular TikTok app as a way to punish China over the coronavirus pandemic. In an interview with Fox News, Navarro argued that “what the American people have to understand is all of the data that goes into those mobile apps that kids have so much fun with… goes right to servers in China, right to the Chinese military, the Chinese Communist Party.” He said these apps can be used to steal intellectual property. “So expect strong actions on that” by Trump, Navarro warned. Fast-growing video-sharing app TikTok belongs to the Chinese group ByteDance and has nearly one billion users worldwide. TikTok has sought to distance itself from its Chinese owners, pointing out it has an American CEO and consistently denying allegations that it shares data with Beijing. WeChat, owned by Tencent,… Read full this story
- About those nukes: It's time for tough action on Iran's nuclear weapons program
- Buckle your seat belt for 2010: From Albany to Washington, expect tough and tight political campaign
- The talk of Tehran: Obama must follow sweet words with tough action on Iran
- Giants expect tough workload, Brandon Jacobs looks for breakout performance against Eagles
- TikTok Bans Paid Political Ads on Its Platform
- Virginia Madsen on AIDS Drama
- Meghan Markle latest: Royal aides ‘worried’ about Harry issuing legal statement on tour
- Harry may have released ‘bombshell’ Meghan statement after ‘ignoring’ aides says expert
- Trump offer to pay Russia probe legal bills for aides is a terrible idea
- Where do suits against Bevin's actions stand?
Top US aide expects tough action on TikTok, WeChat have 312 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.