(CNN)Dell Loy Hansen, the owner of the Real Salt Lake pro soccer franchise, plans to sell the team, he said Sunday, as Major League Soccer investigates allegations of racism. “I recognize that at times I have spoken too quickly, without pausing to consider the feelings or good intentions of others,” Hansen said in a statement. “This is not acceptable, and I assume full responsibility for allowing my words to travel unfiltered as to their significance and impact.” He and his wife, Julie, decided the team needed a “new ownership and a refreshed vision,” his statement said. “I believe that communities are strengthened by diversity,” he said. “I am truly sorry for offending and being insensitive to the plight of others. I seek to do better and commit to supporting and improving diversity and inclusion in my own community going forward.” Hansen is the CEO and founder of the Wasatch Group, a real estate and holding company based in Logan, Utah. He said he will sell Utah Soccer Holdings, which, in addition to Real Salt Lake, counts Utah Royals FC of the National Women’s Soccer League and Real Monarchs of the second-division USL Championship among its holdings. Read More The allegations… Read full this story
- Volvo CEO says he's standing by Uber and tackling trade concerns
- Underground Lake of Liquid Water Detected on Mars
- I-Team: MTA Chief 'Shocked' by Blackface 'Coverup' in High-Ranking Metro-North Supervisor Case, Calls Rail's Action 'Reprehensible'
- I-Team: NYC Woman Gets Attacked by Other Passengers in Ride Share, Then Banned by Company
- I-Team: NYC Man Sues for $1 Million, Claiming Video Shows False Arrest by NYPD
- Marketer to sell Net access door-to-door
- American Fork medical supply company agrees to pay $1.6 million after Medicare fraud allegations
- The mysterious case of Paddy Moriarty: How an Irishman and his dog vanished without a trace from a remote Outback town amid feuds dividing its dozen quirky residents
- Julian Assange whines he has ‘dental issues and osteoporosis’ as he faces five years in US prison after dramatic arrest
- Rudy Guiliani says Robert Mueller must be investigated after allowing Spygate evidence to be destroyed
Amid allegations of racism, Real Salt Lake owner says he's selling soccer teams have 342 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 30, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.