“Are you home?”An excited Vietnamese woman asked seeing Schreck enter the house. Smiling, he placed his belongings in a room and proceeded to converse with the help of Google Translate.”His life in Germany is good but when he comes here, sleeps with his aunt and uncle and cousin in one room, he does not complain. He eats all the food I cook,” said Schreck’s forty-odd year old aunt.Growing up in Southeast Germany, Schreck has fond memories of the childless teachers that adopted him from Vietnam at three months of age. Schreck in his mother’s hometown, central Thanh Hoa Province. Photo by VnExpress/Phan Duong. Aware of the adoption early on, the boy did not ask after his blood relatives until two years ago, his mother providing with him a box full of Vietnamese documents on the occasion.Schreck’s birth certificate states his name is Luu Phuoc Thanh, born on June 8, 1999, at Saigon’s Tu Du Hospital. Both the names of his mother and father were blacked out.”I am curious about my blood parents, who they are, whether they are alive and well,” Schreck said.After graduating from high school in late 2019, dreaming of his roots, he decided to travel abroad for… Read full this story
- Asia Bibi's Daughter Pleads for Reunion With Mother in Canada - Reports
- ‘We finished every bottle!’ Berlin's cultural legends on the night the Wall came down
- Some of the best (and weirdest) ‘Stranger Things’ theories for season 3
- The films to watch in autumn 2014: from Gone Girl to Mr Turner
- Stranger Things season 3 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far
- Is The Redskins' "VIP" Indian Defender A Fake Indian?
- The Joker, Maleficent, and a catty Hitler make the multiplex a rogues’ gallery this October
- Alice in Wonderland: the never-ending adventures
- Exiled Thai activists fear for their lives in Southeast Asia
German adoptee locates Vietnamese mother, awaits reunion have 308 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 19, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.