The Australian cricket team departed Sunday for a tour to England like no other in the long history between the two nations.The teams will meet in three one-day and three Twenty20 internationals in stadiums without fans, played under strict biosecurity protocols. Between matches the Australians will be locked in a hermetic bubble to ward off the threat of the coronavirus.They are the first Australian national sports team to leave the country since the global pandemic began.Australia hasn’t played a match since March 13, when a scheduled one-day series against New Zealand was abandoned. As captain Steve Smith left Sydney on Sunday for Perth, from which the Australian team’s chartered flight was to leave for London, he said he is eager to play again, whatever the surrounding circumstances.Smith was also sad that stadiums won’t be full of the England fans who have always jeered him in the past, moreso since his suspension for ball tampering.“I do like batting there,” Smith said at Sydney Airport. “But unfortunately there’s no crowd there to egg me on and give me a bit more motivation.“Still, there is going to be plenty of eyes on the TV and it is going to… Read full this story
- Australia vs Pakistan: Steve Smith misses out on massive Test record
- Lord’s member ejected from prestigious pavilion for sledging Steve Smith
- Magnificent Steve Smith reaches third ton of Ashes series
- Australia vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Steve Smith becomes fastest man to reach 7,000 Test runs
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith on 'dream' Test comeback - 'It feels like Christmas morning every morning'
- Was bespectacled Steve Smith really trying to mock Jack Leach?
- Ashes 2019: Smith, Lyon star as Australia thump England to win Edgbaston Test by 251 runs
- Virat Kohli overtakes Steve Smith as No 1 Test player in ICC Rankings
- England vs Australia live cricket score and updates, ENG vs AUS The Ashes 2019, 1st Test, Day 5: Smith, Lyon star as Australia beat England by 251 runs to win at Edgbaston
- Steve Smith, David Warner Return To IPL After Ball-Tampering Row
‘No crowd there to egg me on’: Steve Smith missing fans already as Australia leaves for England have 336 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at August 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.