Ho Huy, chairman of leading taxi firm Mai Linh, said that the rising number of coronavirus cases have reduced travel demand and dragged the company’s revenue down by 30 percent from before the second wave.Mai Linh has now temporarily ceased operations in Da Nang City and Hoi An Town, the country’s coronavirus hotspots. Its revenue in these localities and in some other tourist destinations like Nha Trang and Da Lat have dropped by up to 50 percent from earlier.”We have survived the first wave, but the second wave will bring even more challenges,” Huy added.Since July 25, Vietnam has recorded 355 domestic Covid-19 cases in 13 localities, all linked to Da Nang, a top tourist attraction. The first case confirmed on July 25 ended the country’s 99-day streak without a case of community transmission.Huy said if the pandemic situation worsens, even companies with deep pockets cannot last for more than six months, and for small companies, the likely threshold is three months.Le Tien Truong, CEO of leading textile and garment company Vinatex, said that his company has been directly affected by the second wave because of quarantines.Its subsidiary in Da Nang City has seen 200 employees quarantined, and the figure… Read full this story
- An Engineer-Turned-Corporate Leader Shares 3 Top Skills
- On-demand pivot: Startups look past consumers, toward businesses
- Report highlights lack of female leaders in German business
- Splitting to unite: How dividing the family business brings the kin together
- Lone Star Analysis CEO Wins Small Business Executive of the Year Award
- How Willow Creek Is Leading Evangelicals by Learning From the Business World
- Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation Announces Flu Prevention Steps to Protect Their Employees, Including Germicidal Ultraviolet (UV-C) Room Air Sanitizers
- Singaporean e-logistics groups making waves in Vietnam
- What will the next generation of Indian leaders look like?
- Greek referendum no vote signals huge challenge to eurozone leaders
Second Covid-19 wave tougher for business: corporate leaders have 310 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.