Activists of the Jana Sena Party staged a protest at the Collector’s office here on Monday demanding a probe into the shifting of three COVID-19 patients to hospital in a garbage vehicle on Sunday.JSP leader Tyada Rama Krishna Rao said that Nellimarla Municipal Commissioner J.R. Appala Naidu should be suspended for allowing the staff to use a garbage vehicle to shift COVID-19 patients to the Maharajah Institute of Medical Sciences (MIMS) from Jarajapupeta village. “The district administration is least bothered about human rights which is evident from the Jarajapupeta incident. Such incidents will not repeat if action is initiated on the persons concerned,” he said.TDP leaders have also taken up the issue as party national president N. Chandrababu Naidu responded to the incident seriously. Former MLC Dwarapureddy Jagadish, former MLA Meesala Geeta and others condemned the incident.Lok Satta Party State executive president Bhisetti Babji said such incidents would further reduce the confidence levels of patients.Collector M. Hari Jawaharlal reportedly directed the officials concerned to submit a report on the incident.
- COVID-19 patients with underlying heart conditions at higher death risk, study confirms
- Doctors to trial treatment for Covid-19 patients with diabetes amid hopes the experimental drug will slash their risk of dying from the infection
- 12 Covid-19 patients recover in Danang and Quang Nam
- 20 new Covid-19 patients confirmed in Vietnam
- 20 new Covid-19 patients confirmed in Vietnam, one more dies
- Doctors manage to perform C-section on pregnant COVID-19 patient in Da Nang
- MMCRI evaluating outcome of plasma therapy on COVID-19 patients
- Nine more COVID-19 patients given all-clear
- 12 new Covid-19 patients take Vietnam's active cases to 487
- Active cases 487 as Vietnam confirms 12 new Covid-19 patients
Shifting of COVID-19 patients in garbage vehicle triggers outrage have 281 words, post on www.thehindu.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.