(CNN)As the PGA Championship entered its final day on Sunday and, at one point, six players shared the lead, all attention was on the usual suspects: Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Justin Rose. But it was a 23-year-old from Los Angeles, California, who separated himself from all the big hitters to claim his first major at just the second time of asking. Collin Morikawa — who finished on 13-under after a final-round six-under 64 — won the first major of 2020, finishing two shots ahead of Johnson and Paul Casey at TPC Harding Park in San Francisco. His total weekend score of 129 is the lowest ever by a major winner. While there were no fans to applaud the debut PGA Championship winner — with just a few cheers and some clapping from the individuals who were present following his winning eagle putt on the 16th hole — Morikawa’s victory sent shockwaves across the golfing landscape. But, according to the US golfer himself, it is just the beginning. “It doesn’t stop here. I’ve got a very good taste of what this is like, what a major championship is like,” Morikawa — who went to college at the University of California, Berkeley… Read full this story
- 23-year-old woman in Sonepat tests positive for coronavirus
- Four men are executed over the 2012 gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old student in Delhi that shocked the world
- Rocker Dee Snider begs for help to get 23-year-old daughter back from Peru after the country closed its borders and calls President Trump's coronavirus response 'a mockery'
- David Beckham still has 23 year old train ticket Posh first wrote her number on
- 10-Year-Old Named Clark Kent Leaps Record Michael Phelps Held for 23 Years
- Money lender arrested for abetting murder of 23-year-old in Kondhwa
- Mr. Sherman, Little Tokyo’s 23-year-old feline ‘mayor,’ keeps purring along
- 'It is not going good': Mom shares hilarious note from her eight-year-old son criticizing her homeschooling skills during coronavirus lockdown
- As well as breaking records 'Queen of Speed' Valerie Thompson is standing up to bullies
- 'Covid-19 is killing me!' Talented 18-year-old singer turns Britney Spears' Hit Me Baby One More Time into an amazing quarantine-themed ballad
The 23-year-old major winner who's made breaking records a habit have 350 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.