A Christian man has been sentenced to death in Pakistan for sending ‘blasphemous’ texts to a former supervisor at work. Asif Pervaiz, 37, has been in custody since 2013 for allegedly insulting Islam and was found guilty in Lahore on Tuesday but denies any wrongdoing. He claims after quitting his job at a hosiery factory, his supervisor Muhammad Saeed Khokher tried to convert him to Islam. Pakistani soldiers stand guard outside the Lahore High Court in 2018. A Christian man has been sent to death in Pakistan for sending ‘blasphemous’ texts to a former supervisor at work But Asif says when he refused to change his beliefs, he was then accused of having sent blasphemous texts about Islam to his boss. Asif’s lawyer Saif-ul-Malook told Al Jazeera: ’The complainant was a supervisor in a hosiery factory where Asif was working under him. ‘He denied the allegations and said that this man was trying to get him to convert to Islam.’ The lawyer added Asif would appeal his sentence of a three-year prison term and a fine of 50,000 Pakistani rupees ($300) for ‘misusing’ his phone to send the derogatory text message. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Activists call for Mulan movie boycott after… Read full this story
- Thousands rally in Pakistan in support of killer of American
- Pakistan Teen Hailed as ‘Holy Warrior’ for Killing U.S. Blasphemy Suspect
- Nigeria's blasphemy cases in focus
- Asia Bibi free at last as she leaves Pakistan for Canada after months of limbo
- Parents Are Flocking to Virtual Schools and Homeschooling. They’ll Find a Minefield.
- Madeleine McCann latest news: Suspect ‘boasted he performed sex act in front of sleeping girls’ and will NEVER cooperate
- Viral Video Seemed to Show BLM Storming a Church. The Real Story is Much Darker
- A Church. A Viral Video. A Campaign To Discredit Black Lives Matter.
- Madeleine McCann news: Apartment was ‘prime location’ for crime and suspect cleared of rape and murder of Claudia Ruf
- Shocking footage shows police violently dragging grieving father from terminally-ill six-year-old daughter's hospital bedside and wrestling him to the floor after doctors insisted she be left to die - before a female officer calls him an 'animal'
Christian is sentenced to death in Pakistan after being accused of 'blasphemy' when he refused his employer's request to convert to Islam have 352 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 8, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.