Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has tested positive for coronavirus, the Spanish club have announced. The Argentinian is asymptomatic but is now isolating at home.Atletico are not in action as the new La Liga season begins this weekend after their late involvement in Europe last term, but are due to play Cadiz in a friendly on Tuesday.A statement from the club read: “This Friday new PCR tests were carried out on the whole group and the manager has given a positive result.”Fortunately, our manager is not showing any symptoms and is at his home isolating and fulfilling the required quarantine.”Friday’s round of testing had been prompted after another member of club staff tested positive on Thursday.Earlier this month, Atletico striker Diego Costa also tested positive for the virus.Atletico’s first league game of the new season, at home to Granada, is scheduled for September 27.They reached the Champions League quarter-finals last term, losing to German side RB Leipzig in the last eight. Sky Sports Fantasy Football is back! Another year, another £50,000 jackpot on the line. Sky Sports Fantasy Football makes its return for the 2020/21 season.
- Simeone: Atletico Madrid need concentration and consistency
- Marseille 0 Atletico Madrid 3: Antoine Griezmann scores twice in Europa League final as Diego Simeone’s men make light work of French side
- Arsenal braced for Hector Bellerin raid as Atletico Madrid eye ambitious swap deal including Vitolo
- Ex-West Ham star Dimitri Payet a doubt for Europa League final against Atletico Madrid after missing Marseille’s draw with Guingamp
- Antoine Griezmann being sold to Barcelona by Atletico Madrid? Fine: but how are they going to pay for him?
- Marseille fans make firewall of flares for Europa League final against Atletico Madrid
- Spanish Super Cup to take place in Saudi Arabia as Barcelona draw Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid take on Valencia
- Atletico Madrid complete £20m deal for Kieran Trippier from Tottenham
- Formidable Atletico Madrid Stun Cristiano Ronaldo And Juventus
- Antoine Griezmann Whistled As Atletico Madrid Come Back To Draw With Levante
Diego Simeone: Atletico Madrid boss tests positive for coronavirus have 339 words, post on www.skysports.com at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.