Extinction Rebellion protesters who attack our way of life should face jail, Priti Patel warns today. The Home Secretary has ordered a review of the law aimed at toughening sentences for the environmental extremists after they blockaded newspaper print works in a bid to stifle free speech. Options being considered include designating the group as an organised crime gang, which would leave militants open to the threat of up to five years in jail. Writing in the Daily Mail today, Miss Patel says the activists should ‘face the full force of the law’ for pursuing ‘guerrilla tactics… that seek to undermine and cause damage to our society’. Around 100 protesters who targeted Newsprinters printing works at Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, and Knowsley, near Liverpool, in a bid to stifle free speech have been warned they could face jail time after a change to the law is mooted Home Secretary Priti Patel has ordered a review of the law aimed at toughening sentences for the environmental extremists One of the protesters from the bamboo lock-ons is lead away by a police officer outside the Newsprinters printing works at Broxbourne, Hertfordshire RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Biggest hypocrite of all: Independent newspaper columnist… Politicians… Read full this story
- Modern slavery cannot be tackled if victims treated as criminals
- Five years after the gang-rape and murder of Jyoti Singh, what has changed for women in India?
- How Canada’s new pot laws will impact youth remains ambiguous
- TTC officers convicted in ticket scam sentenced to jail time
- New law will restrict traditional ways: farmers
- Unseen Victims: How Homeschooling Laws Enable Some Abusers
- U.S. man to serve 20 years in prison after fatal Call of Duty swatting
- Laws, whether good or bad, are manipulated by crooks
- Marital rape, voyeurism to become offences in ‘sweeping’ changes proposed for Singapore’s penal code
- Former president Park now facing 33 years in jail
Eco zealots could face FIVE YEARS in jail: Priti Patel threatens to change law to make Extinction Rebellion a criminal gang so tougher sentences can be handed out have 303 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 6, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.