Texas Democratic Party Chairman Gilberto Hinojosa on Thursday encouraged Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden to prioritize visits to his state and called the candidate not traveling because of the pandemic a “pretty lame excuse.” “I thought he had his own plane,” Hinojosa said . “He doesn’t have to sit with one space between another person on a commercial airline like I would.” His rebuke of Biden’s low-key campaign echoes President Donald Trump’s ongoing criticisms of the former vice president’s sedate approach to the election. “Staying in again today,” the president said at an event in Atlanta on Friday. “This guy never goes out. It’s terrible huh?” “If I lose to a man who doesn’t campaign… I don’t know,” he added. With less than 40 days until November 3, Trump has been grinding out back-to-back campaign events in swing states, sometimes hosting multiple across different states in one day. Biden has taken a different approach. The Democrat has had roughly 22 days of no in-person public appearances since announcing Senator Kamala Harris as his running mate on August 11, according to an Associated Press schedule analysis. During that time, Biden held some virtual fundraisers and traveled from his house to attend… Read full this story
- A Democrat who votes with Trump 69% of the time should be primaried
- Why a mass Jewish voter exodus from the Democratic Party is unlikely in 2020
- Poll: Americans say Ocasio-Cortez does more harm than good to Democratic Party
- Democratic candidates: 'It's Trump, stupid!'
- Donald Trump critic announces White House bid and plans to launch 2020 Democratic presidential campaign at his hotel
- US election 2020: Which Democrat will take on Trump in 2020?
- Can a Rust Belt Yogi Save the Democratic Party?
- Extremism, Scandals Rip Apart Democrat Party: Radicalism, Racism, Anti-Semitism, Sexism, Socialism Threaten Left’s Return to Power
- Ahead of big week, Biden gets key encouragement from firefighters union
- Trump blasts Biden as 'low I.Q. individual' after 'tongue-tied' remarks on White House bid
'Pretty Lame Excuse': Texas Democratic Party Chair Joins Trump In Criticizing Biden's Low-Key Campaign have 321 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 25, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.