The Proud Boys were celebrating online Wednesday after Donald Trump told them to ‘stand back and stand by’ during the first presidential debate – while president was attacked by members of his own party for refusing to condemn white supremacy before delivering his message to the far-right group. Members of the group posted about the shout out, telling the president: ‘We’re ready.’ Their account on the social media app Telegram posted: ‘Standing down and standing by sir.’ Proud Boys is a far-right organization that admits only men as members and promotes and engages in political violence. The group believes white men and western culture are under siege and one of its co-founders recorded a video titled ’10 things I hate about the Jews.’ ‘Proud boys, stand back and stand by, but I tell you what, somebody has got to do something about antifa and the left because this is not a right wing problem, this is a left-wing problem,’ Trump said when he was challenged to condemn white supremacists during Tuesday’s presidential debate. He claimed the protests in the country on race relations were a left-wing problem. The Southern Poverty Law Center, a liberal advocacy organization, has designated the all-male Proud Boys as… Read full this story
- How Ashli Babbitt went from Capitol rioter to Trump-embraced martyr
- Where the stimulus bill stands in Congress, and what comes next
- Is This How Discrimination Ends?
- President-elect Joe Biden formally introduces national security and foreign policy team
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden sets new vaccine mandate as COVID-19 cases surge
- How America’s Coastal Cities Left the Heartland Behind
- How I rescued my lawn – but ruined my life
- The White Flight From Football
'We are ready': Proud Boys threaten to act and pledge allegiance to Trump after he told the far right group to 'stand back and stand by' during presidential debate have 279 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 30, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.