Britain has reached a coronavirus ‘tipping point’ one of the country’s top scientists said as new figures reveal the nation’s infections have trebled in two weeks with 15,166 more infections and 81 deaths recorded yesterday. The figures come as millions of people across the North face draconian new measures when Boris Johnson sets out the details of a new three-tier local lockdown system in a speech to MPs. On Saturday, Professor Jonathan Van-Tam, England’s deputy chief medical officer said ’the seasons are against us’ and the country is running into a ‘headwind’ ahead of the winter months. In a statement, Prof Van-Tam said that while the epidemic ‘re-started’ again among younger people over the past few weeks, there is ‘clear evidence of a gradual spread into older age groups’ in the worst-hit areas. But he also said the UK has ‘much improved testing capabilities’ and ‘better treatments’ available, meaning that ‘we know where it is and how to tackle it’. He stressed the importance of following public health guidance and minimising contact with others, adding: ‘I know this is very hard, but it is an unfortunate scientific fact that the virus thrives on humans making social contact with one another.’ On Saturday,… Read full this story
- RPT-SPECIAL REPORT-Hong Kong leader says she would 'quit' if she could, fears her ability to resolve crisis now 'very limited'
- Special Report: Hong Kong leader says she would 'quit' if she could, fears her ability to resolve crisis now 'very limited'
- Jean-Claude Juncker: what is the trouble with Britain's bogeyman?
- May warns MPs they face 'moment of decision' after EU agrees just a TWO WEEK Brexit delay until April 12 before Britain crashes out if her deal fails again... but that UK can stay in bloc until May 22 if she finally gets it through
- Bolivia's ex-leader Evo Morales says he will 'return to pacify the country if the people ask' after fleeing to Mexico as country's interim president hails the end of his 'totalitarian regime'
- Britain is braced for half a month's worth of rain TODAY amid fears of new floods after six weeks' worth fell days ago leaving towns submerged
- Vision Zero: has the drive to eliminate road deaths lost its way?
- I want criminals to be terrified, says Priti Patel: New Home Secretary vows to return to zero-tolerance policing as she demands full explanation over bungled 'Nick' sex abuse inquiry
- Iran, major powers reach historic nuclear deal ending 12-year stand-off
- The Hill's Morning Report — Trump's new controversy
Britain reaches coronavirus 'tipping point': Cases TRIPLE in two weeks with 15,166 infections and 81 deaths as the government locks horns with Northern leaders over new restrictions to be announced tomorrow have 408 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.