Kindly Share This Story:Appreciating members of the ninth National Assembly for understanding, support and quick response to policy directions of the government on Monday in Abuja, President Muhammadu Buhari called for more synergy to consolidate on the gains recorded, particularly the ongoing effort to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in ten years. The President equally charged the populace to be patient with government, advising that whenever there’s any legislation they have misgivings about, “they should engage the process for such laws in line with democratic processes.” In his remarks at the Joint Executive-Legislative Leadership Retreat, held at the State House Conference Centre, President Buhari said the collaboration enjoyed from the leadership of the National Assembly had made it easier for the government to set and realize development goals, and respond to changes in the economy faster like the Coronavirus pandemic that necessitated review of the 2020 budget. According to the President, some of the gains recorded from working together also include: accelerated passage of the 2020 Budget and its review in response to the Coronavirus pandemic, timely confirmation of nominees, and passage of critical legislations by the National Assembly. “This retreat provides us another opportunity to interface, reflect,… Read full this story
- Nigeria's Buhari saga: The fake wedding, the president and the family feud
- Police, defence lawyers, child protection group call for creation of criminal record check legislation
- Legislative hearing focuses on access to internal police records
- Obama Talks Next-Gen Mobile Broadband, But Can the Networks Handle It?
- Uday Kotak moots new legislation to reform public sector banking
- Hamden Candidate Profile: Brad Macdowall For Legislative Council
- New Legislation Could Force FBI to Disclose All Tips on Mass Shooting Threats
- Legislators to grill trade minister in Q&A sessions
- Hamden Candidate Profile: Tom Figlar For Legislative Council
- N.S. Crown attorneys walk off job to protest contract legislation
How to handle legislations you have misgivings about – Buhari have 300 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at October 5, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.