Revellers in Newcastle and London last night went out for drinks to mark Halloween as the Prime Minister unveiled plans to plunge England into a month-long national shutdown. Scores of young people packed into makeshift beer gardens in Borough Market, Soho and the Big Market in the North East city wearing ghoulish makeup to celebrate the spooky holiday. Chaotic scenes ensued in Newcastle, where police enforcing Tier 2 restrictions arrested several drinkers who were partying in the streets after pubs and bars closed for the 10pm curfew. Meanwhile, Londoners appeared apprehensive as they had a drink with friends on the last Saturday before Boris Johnson’s draconian lockdown is imposed throughout England. Last night the Prime Minister announced that people must stay at home unless for specific reasons such as attending school or college from midnight on Thursday until December 2. The brutal squeeze will see non-essential shops in England shut until December 2, as well as bars and restaurants despite the ‘absolutely devastating’ impact on the already crippled hospitality sector. Childcare, early years settings, schools, colleges and universities will remain open, with the Prime Minister telling a No10 press conference: ’We cannot let this virus damage our children’s futures even more than… Read full this story
- Times Square like you have NEVER seen it: Crossroads of the world, which normally attracts 330,000 visitors a day, lies deserted on first night of New York's coronavirus lockdown
- Special Report: Peruvian coca farmers to Paris pushers, coronavirus upends global narcotics trade
- Traffic light system to get out of lockdown: Schools could go back on May 11 and hairdressers and clothes shops reopen - but over 70s face being stuck indoors for a YEAR
- Why is Sweden still faring BETTER in coronavirus crisis than Britain - despite having NO lockdown? Case backs claim social distancing and hand-washing was enough to flatten curve
- Delingpole: Earth Day 2020 – Greens Celebrate Coronavirus Lockdown as Blueprint for New World Order
- Britain's patient zero? Sussex IT worker, 50, 'caught coronavirus in party bar at Austria's "Ibiza of the Alps" ski resort that's accused of covering up infections and started spreading it here in JANUARY'
- Coronavirus live updates: California drivers speeding like crazy; tickets spike with traffic down
- Has Britain already gone back to work? Roads, trains and Tubes appear busier while weekend traffic was highest of lockdown so far as building sites, cafes and now B&Q and Five Guys quietly reopen doors
- Sir Keir Starmer urges government to publish their lockdown exit strategy this week to retain public's trust
- Get Britain moving again: Businesses and political leaders call for a clear exit from lockdown as DIY stores and garden centres get set to open - but UK suffers its highest death toll for a week
Party like it's the last weekend before lockdown: Revellers mark Halloween in Newcastle while London's bars do a roaring trade before closing on Thursday for a month have 443 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 31, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.