Hundreds of thousands of Californian homes have been affected by power outages as a huge windstorm sweeps across the state, prompting multiple wildfire warnings.Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) said customers in 34 counties have been affected by the largest “public safety power shutoff” (PSPS) this year, taking place from Sunday to Tuesday night.The state is facing what has been described as the most dangerous windstorm of 2020 with the National Weather Service (NWS) issuing red flag warnings for wildfires.Newsweek subscription offers >As a safety precaution, homes and businesses have gone dark in counties such as Napa, Marin, El Dorado, Butte, Nevada and Calaveras as the fierce winds batter parts of northern California.As reported by CBS Sacramento, around 345,000 customers, an estimated 1 million people, were affected during the peak of the outage. PG&E said it has now restored power to more than 156,000 customers as of Monday evening.It said it expects electricity to be back on at other homes and buildings by Tuesday night after crews conduct air and ground inspections for safety and repairs.The latest PG&E outage updatesPG&E’s live outage map shows which areas across the state are still without power.As of 3 a.m. on Tuesday morning, households in… Read full this story
- Tesla owners in California get a warning to charge their cars before the power goes out
- California power lines spark wildfires and prompt blackouts. Why not just bury them?
- How California’s ‘Demonized’ Winds Shape Wildfire Season
- Latest: Son: Mother, 89, missing after California homes burn
- LA wildfires continue to rage: Blazes that have killed three and forced more than 100,000 to evacuate move across Southern California, as it's revealed an electrical tower may be to blame and PG&E restores power for two million in the north
- The California power outages show how dire the wildfire crisis has gotten — 9 of the state's 10 biggest fires came in the last 16 years
- Lyft is offering free rides to relief centers for customers stranded by planned blackout in California
- California regulator criticizes utility over power outages
- High winds spread two deadly and destructive wildfires in California
- Burning trash sparked wildfire that destroyed dozens of homes in California - fire dept
PG&E Outage Map, Updates as Hundreds of Thousands Without Power in California Amid Wildfire Warnings have 363 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 27, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.