Home Minister M. Sucharitha inaugurated new model police stations at Narsipatnam (Town) and Anakapalle (Town), in Visakhapatnam district, on Friday. She was accompanied by Tourism Minister M. Srinivasa Rao, Director General of Police Gautam Sawang and other officials. Speaking on the occasion, Ms. Sucharitha said that the new police stations were built with the idea of providing a corporate look and creating an atmosphere for friendly policing system, where citizens can approach police without any stigma or fear. She said that Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy’s government is committed to police welfare. Lauding the State police for bagging 48 Skoch awards, the Home Minister said that the police were moving ahead and bringing laurels by making proper use of technology. For the first time in the country, police in the State are being given weekly-offs, she said. The Minister also recalled the services of the police during the COVID-19 lockdown period.Speaking about women safety, the Minister said that 18 Disha police stations were opened in the State. She said that the police have brought several mobile applications, including Disha app and AP Police Seva app, to offer various services to the citizens. During the inaugural programme at Narsipatnam, Mr…. Read full this story
- 'He will live in our hearts forever': Heartbroken parents pay tribute to history teacher who was one of three people stabbed to death in Reading 'terror rampage'
- Ministers warn 'going on holiday is illegal' in new ad campaign to halt foreign travel - as Dubai influencers slurp cocktails by the pool despite travel ban starting TODAY because hotel quarantine is still 'at least a week away'
- Not a SINGLE hotel has signed up to government quarantine plan: Ministers scramble to secure 28,000 rooms by Feb 15 – with security guards on every floor, three meals a day delivered, yoga mats for exercise and a £1,000 bill
- Travel industry is on its knees AGAIN after new lockdown: TUI cancels ALL holidays until mid-February as airline chiefs say things will 'only get WORSE' - while minsters are set to demand UK arrivals test negative before travelling
- ANOTHER summer of predicted grades? 'Dithering' ministers' 'alternative arrangements' for GCSEs and A-levels in 2021 is expected to be teacher-assessed marks for second year running
- Ministers face calls to add MORE countries to UK borders 'red list' amid fears over importing mutant Covid strains - with alarm that 'quarantine hotels' system still won't be up and running for WEEKS
- Boris Johnson says he is 'optimistic' summer holidays WILL happen as he insists Covid lockdown is working and vaccines ARE effective against variants with report hailing 'stabilising' cases - but warns UK must keep 'foot on the throat of the beast'
- PM plunges England back into March-style lock-down: Schools are shut as public are told again to Stay Home, Save Lives and Protect the NHS until at least the end of February - IF vaccine roll-out to 13.2million people succeeds
- Boris Johnson ‘deeply sorry’ for 100k deaths vowing ‘greater resolve’ to defeat Covid
- Boris Johnson begins work on roadmap OUT of lockdown: PM hopes to present plan within weeks as cases ease and deaths show first signs of flattening
Stress on people-friendly policing, says Home Minister have 513 words, post on www.thehindu.com at October 31, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.