Devika Vaidya, the leg-spinning all-rounder, and Sneh Rana, the off-spinner, have been named as the captains of India A and India B sides for the upcoming Women’s Quadrangular T20 Series, also consisting of Bangladesh and Thailand.
Vaidya has played nine ODIs and one T20I while Rana has represented the country in seven ODIs and five T20Is. Priya Punia, who has composed a couple of ODI fifties in her short career so far, and Madhuri Mehta, who played her only ODI back in 2012, are some of the other members of India A’s set-up. Meanwhile. Nuzhat Parween, the wicketkeeper-bat, is a part of India B’s squad.
The tournament is scheduled to commence on 16th January and all the matches will be played in Patna.
India A: Devika Vaidya (c), Priya Punia, Jincy George, Madhuri Mehta, Richa Ghosh, Sushri Dibyadarshini, Komal Zanzad, Manali Dakshini, Meghna Singh, Nikita Chauhan, Bharti Fulmali, R Kalpana (WK), Rashi Kanojia, Renuka Singh, Jasia Akhtar
India B:Sneh Rana (c), Yastika Bhatia, Nuzhat Parween (WK), S Meghana, Tejal Hasabnis, Vrushali Bhagat, Minnu Mani, Monica Patel, Shrayosi Aich, Anjali Sarvani, Simran Dil Bahadhur, Tanuja Kanwar, Kshama Singh, Nupur Kohale, Tanushree Sarkar
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Analysis: India's Modi faces foreign pressures in 2nd term
- India's Modi awarded UAE medal amid Kashmir crackdown
- Why are black trans women being killed in Dallas?
- Lauren Cupp holds first-round lead in AIM Women’s Championship
- Park takes narrow first-round lead at CP Women's Open
- World No. 1 Jin Young Ko shares lead at CP Women’s Open
- India's prime minister calls Kashmir's former status unjust
- Building collapse kills 12 in India after monsoon rains
- Hard Times Have Pakistani Hindus Looking to India, Where Some Find Only Disappointment
- Half of India couldn't access a toilet 5 years ago. Modi built 110M latrines -- but will people use them?