In more than 40 years of watching Supreme Court justices, I have never seen a speech like Justice Samuel AlitoSamuel AlitoCOVID-19: Justice Alito overstepped judicial boundaries Defusing the judicial confirmation process The Hill’s Morning Report – Presented by the UAE Embassy in Washington, DC – Dems push McConnell on COVID-19 relief; Grassley contracts COVID-19 MORE’s recent address before the Federalist Society. Descriptions of Alito’s 30-minute oration have included phrases like ultrapartisan, incendiary, unusually political, tendentious and the judicial equivalent of a Trump rally. These things are all true. Even more ominously, it was also an engraved invitation from Alito to far-right litigants who can hardly wait to take advantage of the Court’s strengthened right-wing majority to pursue such pet projects as overturning LGBTQ and reproductive rights.And that should make all of us sit up and take notice.High on Alito’s list in his speech were what he called “sweeping restrictions” on “individual liberty” imposed by governors and others to help combat the COVID-19 pandemic. He specifically censured restrictions on religious assembly, like limits on the number of people who can an attend in-person service, even though a challenge was filed on the very day of his speech to such a restriction in New York and is… Read full this story
- German police stop far-right concert over Nazi chants
- Germany: Far-right lawmaker ousted from committee over anti-Semitism
- Far-right breakthrough in Andalucía challenges status quo, says Manuel Valls
- Far-right Is 'Doing the Best of All' in France, Macron Warns of Growing Nationalist Surge in Europe as Merkel Steps Aside
- Hollyoaks far-right storyline ends in brutal death as Sid pushes dad Stuart to save Ste
- Far right in parliament
- People who hold radical political views both on the far left and far right aren't as good as moderates at knowing when they're wrong
- Austria set to elect youngest EU leader in move to the right
- Could right-wing populism push integrated Estonia back towards Russia?
- Hogar Social, the new face of Spain's extreme-right
Alito to far-right litigants: The buffet is open have 325 words, post on thehill.com at November 21, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.