Elections in India unfolds significant and unprecedented lessons for getting a grasp of the incessantly changing dynamics of democratic politics. Given the multilayered and overlapping nature of social bases, the impactful emotive appeals of identity and development and the all-pervasive influence of personalities, every election in India provides crucial political messages. The recently-concluded Assembly elections in the state of Bihar, which happens to be the first major election amidst the pandemic in India, is certainly one of them. The Bihar elections have been extremely significant for understanding the larger dynamics of Indian politics in the coming times. This is mainly because this election provides an opportunity to understand and analyse how the Indian people have assessed the government's handling of the health and economic crisis which has stemmed from the ongoing pandemic. Results at a glance This election was majorly a fight between two political coalitions. One is the ruling National Democratic Alliance (NDA) comprising the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Janata Dal (United) led by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in the State. Smaller parties like the Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM) and Vikassheel Insan Party (VIP) also fought on NDA's side in these elections. The other alliance called the… Read full this story
- Assembly elections 2021: Stage set for voting in 4 states, Puducherry today amid heavy security
- Assam assembly elections 2021: JP Nadda releases BJP's poll manifesto
- Tamil Nadu Assembly elections 2021: PM Modi attacks DMK, Congress over Jallikattu
- Assam assembly elections 2021: Campaign for first phase poll in Assam ends
- Assembly Elections 2021: Do's and Don'ts before you go for voting on April 6
- Assam assembly election 2021: Constituency wise schedule, date of polling and counting
- Tamil Nadu assembly elections 2021: Amit Shah appeals for 'double engine government'
- Kerala Assembly Elections | We don’t need to seek any communal alliance to secure seats: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Assam Assembly election 2021: Campaigning for crucial third phase to end today
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections 2021: Murugan lashed out at DMK over its promise of abolishing NEET, says they always lie
BJP's Prowess, Governance Focus and Alliances: Dissecting the Bihar Assembly Elections have 325 words, post on www.news18.com at November 19, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.