Rashtriya Janta Dal (RJD) leader Shivanand Tiwari on Sunday criticised the Congress after the latter's poor performance in the just-concluded Bihar Assembly elections, alleging that the manner in which the grand old party is being run is benefitting the BJP and that it is bringing down its allies. The BJP-JDU's alliance in Bihar just about managed a majority, winning 125 seats in the House where the halfway mark is 122. The RJD-Congress-CPI(ML) 'Mahagathbandhan' won 110 seats. While the RJD is the single largest party in the house with 75 seats, the Congress finished with a paltry 19. Tiwari said that the Congress has become a "shackle" for the 'Mahagathbanthan' as the party chose candidates unfamiliar with Bihar politics to contest elections. "They had fielded 70 candidates but didn't hold even 70 public rallies. Rahul Gandhi came for three days, Priyanka (Gandhi) didn't come, those who were unfamiliar with Bihar came here. This is not right," news agency ANI quoted him as saying. Tiwari alleged former Congress president Rahul Gandhi and general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra were taking part in a picnic when elections were in full swing in Bihar. "Elections were in full swing here and Rahul Gandhi was having… Read full this story
- ‘Corona attack on Bihar’: JD(U) leader slams migrant workers’ exodus
- JD(U) not to contest any seat in Bihar bypolls
- BJP, Congress trade charges over 'rajdharma'
- Opinion | Mahagathbandhan is quicksand Congress must get out of before 2019 polls
- Bihar bypolls: NDA performs badly, RJD shines, AIMIM announces its arrival
- Karnataka Assembly elections 2018 results: Leaders from across the country react
- Nitish Kumar to campaign for BJP candidates in Bihar by-polls
- Coronavirus | Lockdown was ill-planned, say Opposition parties
- Proposed grand alliance against BJP 'band, baja, barat' sans groom: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- Sonia Gandhi seeks interest subvention with deferment of loan EMIs, slams govt
Congress Became A Shackle for Mahagathbandhan: RJD Leader Slams Party after Alliance's Bihar Loss have 307 words, post on www.news18.com at November 15, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.