Representative Ilhan Omar, a progressive Democrat from Minnesota, described President Donald Trump’s campaign events as “Klan rallies,” pointing out that the president had repeatedly attacked and criticized her to his supporters. Omar and the other members of the so-called Squad of progressive Democrats have been routinely attacked by the president and other Republicans. Democrats in the House of Representatives, joined by four Republicans, formally condemned Trump in July 2019 after he shared a series of racist tweets telling the four progressive representatives—all of whom are women of color—that they should “go back” to where they came from. But this did not deter Trump from repeatedly attacking Omar and the others. “On a personal level, I have gotten accustomed to standing up to bullies in my life. And so, on a personal level, it hasn’t really impacted me, besides having my children be exposed to it and for the last two months of this election cycle waking up every single morning to text messages from my siblings asking if I was safe,” Omar said during a video interview with The Washington Post on Monday. Omar added that “it didn’t really matter where he was—sometimes multiple times in a day, as he… Read full this story
- Ilhan Omar Attacks Trump For Killing Top Iranian Terrorist, Promotes Conspiracy Theory
- Democrats swap virtual campaign events for rallies in coronavirus crisis
- AP: Ilhan Omar Ignores Request for Tax Returns, but Demanded Trump’s
- Report: More Documents Raise Questions About Ilhan Omar’s Marriage
- Ilhan Omar to Introduce Bill to End Donald Trump's 'Hateful Muslim Ban': 'No One Should Be Denied Basic Rights'
- Ilhan Omar Blasted U.S. Three Days before Approving Resolution Upholding ‘American Freedom’
- Trump announces new campaign event after Democrats cancel rallies over public health concerns
- Trump campaign 'proceeding as normal' during coronavirus pandemic
- Joe Biden sets up his OWN coronavirus taskforce with Obamacare architect Dr. Zeke Emanuel and will hold 'virtual' campaign events in Chicago and Miami - while Donald Trump vows to carry on his rallies
- Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’ Over Muslims In Congress
Ilhan Omar Describes Trump Campaign Events as 'Klan Rallies' have 344 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 16, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.