Learning is a continuous process; content, curriculum and methodology need to keep pace with the changes. In the field of legal education, the teaching method has not changed for many decades. Teacher-centred themes, monologues and lectures and a theoretical approach still prevails to a large extent in almost all the law colleges across India. There is also no mandatory requirement for continued legal education (CLE) for advocates even though the Ministry of Law and Justice and the Bar Council of India have acknowledged its importance and need.The non-contentious side of the legal field is complex and knowledge of law and technicalities are not enough. The expectation of clients and employers have changed drastically over the last decade and the focus is now on commercial awareness, knowledge of market practice and trends, and understanding and appreciating the commercial objectives of the proposed transaction. Are fresh law graduates — no matter how bright they are — ready to fulfil expectations in the corporate world?The changesThe traditional ways of teaching in legal education will change only when lawyers are seen ‘commercial engineers’ in the corporate-legal world. Implementation of a real and effective CLE, participatory learning and clinical legal education in the curriculum and… Read full this story
- How College Board's Environmental Context Dashboard highlights algorithm transparency vs. explainability issue
- Uber vs. Lyft: How the rivals approach cloud, AI, and machine learning
- Programming languages: Python and Java VS Code extensions get these new updates
- Mastercard keeping humans in the loop of AI fraud and risk-related decisions
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz C250d review
- How Salesforce got its developer conference right, while Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, and Google lost their way
- Coronavirus Melbourne: Live coverage of health crisis in Victoria
- The single best change your IT department could make—what is it?
- Combat in the cloud: Securing the $10 billion JEDI contract
- PlayStation 5: Everything We Know About Its Specs, Games, Release Date, Price, Controller, And More
Learning vs applicability have 309 words, post on www.thehindu.com at November 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.