Anti-lockdown protestors on Sunday burned face masks as they marched through Manhattan following similar demonstrations in California, upstate New York and Minnesota. Skyrocketing COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations have prompted state and city officials around the United States to issue new lockdown guidance. As a result demonstrators gathered in Washington Square Park, New York City, on Sunday afternoon for the ‘No Lockdown in NYC’ event. They carried signs reading ‘Stop Covid Tyranny’, ‘No More Lockdowns’ and ‘Medical Freedom Now’. Pictures show some of the protesters confronting other New Yorkers wearing masks. Upstate protesters marched to the home of Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz Sunday, calling for an end to state restrictions. One protester, Pete Harding, told Spectrum: ‘Mark Poloncarz decides he wants to mock the freedom movement. That he wants to mock this community, that he wants to mock restaurant owners and we are fed up.’ New York as of Sunday had a positivity rate of 2.74 percent. Hospitalizations rose to 2,562, Governor Andrew Cuomo said. As of Sunday, there have been 278,956 confirmed cases and 19,537 deaths in New York City. In California protesters had earlier marched across the Pacific Coast Highway and cheered when a face mask was set aflame during… Read full this story
- ScoMo's coronavirus plan is 'NOT enough' to save us: Expert shares radical blueprint to stop COVID-19 - including rationing, cops at the supermarket and closed schools
- Hundreds of British tourists arrive in Dover after fleeing Calais on ferries as France goes into lockdown
- London will get a 12-hour warning before lockdown: Police could guard supermarkets, helicopters scramble to airdrop rations and only ONE person allowed out at a time if crisis spirals in UK's coronavirus epicentre
- Drinkers enjoy a final pint and start panic-buying alcohol before UK-WIDE pub lockdown as Boris Johnson shuts cafes, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres as coronavirus crisis claims 177 lives across Britain
- Boris Johnson hints London could face TOTAL lockdown soon - amid fears it is the engine of UK's coronavirus outbreak
- London in LOCKDOWN: Eerie images show capital's usually bustling nightspots deserted as theatres shut and pubs and restaurants close after Boris Johnson urged people to stay home and avoid social contact for 12 WEEKS amid 'unparalleled' coronavirus crisis
- Coronavirus: New indoor gathering limits as Federal Budget delayed and NAPLAN tests scrapped
- Newlyweds kiss in Italy through protective masks at their wedding as country's death toll surges by 627 in a single day to 4,032 and hotspot region of Lombardy hires soldiers to enforce the lockdown
- Hong Kong flights cancelled again as Carrie Lam warns protests are pushing city 'into the abyss'
- Coronavirus crackdown begins: Police are seen enforcing draconian new powers by shutting shops, breaking up groups of pedestrians and enforcing social distancing in queues on Britain's first day under lockdown
New York anti-lockdown protesters burn masks and carry 'Stop Covid Tyranny' as thousands take to streets across country in anger over new restrictions have 447 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.