Dick Durbin, a Democrat, is the senior US senator from Illinois. The opinions expressed in this commentary are his own. View more opinion at CNN. (CNN)In less than 50 days, the voters of Georgia will determine whether the United States Senate remains in Republican control, or whether Democrats will take the majority. To understand what is at stake, look no further than the Senate Judiciary Committee. The Senate Judiciary Committee is arguably one of the most storied and prestigious committees in Congress. The list of historic hearings held before it in the last half century is long and freighted with memorable moments. Sadly, it was eerily silent during Donald Trump’s presidency. In more than 20 years on the Judiciary Committee, I’ve never seen more harm done to civil and human rights than during the Trump administration. The list is alarming: Separating thousands of children from their parents at the border. Read More Issuing a travel ban targeting mostly Muslim-majority countries. Attempting to end deportation protections for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients who know no home other than America. Emboldening violent White supremacists amidst what a recent FBI report has identified as a spike in deadly hate crimes. Widespread… Read full this story
- Sen. Dick Durbin Demands Postal Service Funding As Election Nears
- Dick Durbin apologizes to Tim Scott for 'token' comment on police reform bill
- Democrat Dick Durbin to face Senate challenge from Chicago businessman
- Dick Durbin: Possibility Of Lawsuits To Stop Trump’s Executive Order Presents ‘Moral Dilemma’
- Democratic Sen. Durbin: 'We are ready to meet the White House and the Republicans halfway'
- Sen. Durbin: Amend the Constitution to protect voting rights
- Tennessee primary battle turns nasty for Republicans
- House Republicans introduce legislation to give states $400 million for elections
- Skepticism looms over police reform deal
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Negotiators signal relief bill stuck, not dead
Sen. Dick Durbin: Republicans made this pillar of justice a shell of its former self have 307 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.