THE UK could strike a Brexit trade deal this week if the EU “doesn’t move the goalposts”. Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab admits fishing rights are “still a bone of contention” but he is confident of an agreement. ⚠️ Read our Brexit live blog for the latest news & updates The UK and EU need to seal an arrangement by Saturday to have time to get it through their respective parliaments by the end of the year. It is understood Boris Johnson is lining up a call with European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen after she put pressure on her negotiator Michel Barnier to get it tied up. Mr Barnier was holding face-to-face discussions last night with British negotiator Lord David Frost in London. Before the talks, Mr Barnier said: “Work continues, even on a Sunday.” Mr Raab said of the EU: “If they show the pragmatism, the goodwill and good faith that has surrounded the last leg of the talks, and certainly we have shown our flexibility, I think there is a deal to be done.” Sources have said negotiators can see a path through the sticking points on fisheries as well as implementing a level playing field for… Read full this story
- Gove: No lowering of standards for imported food in post-Brexit trade deals
- EU leaders won’t even consider trade deal with UK at Brexit summit this week because of talks collapse
- Brexit trade deal 'not finished' and could still be changed by EU member states, Barnier warns
- Britain will face £36 billion Brexit bill if it fails to agree a trade deal with EU, Chancellor warns MPs
- May holds talks with top targets for post-Brexit trade deals
- A post-Brexit trade deal with Nigeria must not be at any price
- Donald Trump reveals the US will start talks on a Brexit trade deal with Britain the moment we quit EU
- Britain unable to strike 'ambitious' trade deals under Theresa May's Brexit plans
- May suggests UK has 'already negotiated a good trade deal with EU'
- Gibraltar will be included in post-Brexit trade deals: official
UK could strike Brexit trade deal this week if EU ‘doesn’t move the goalposts’ have 336 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 29, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.