Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long has warned that Vietnam remains at high risk of COVID-19 infections from abroad as the number of cases in many countries keeps rising. Passengers returning from Seoul wait for immigration procedures at Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi. — VNA/VNS Photo Huy Hung Speaking with local authorities of 63 provinces and cities during an online meeting on Tuesday, Long warned of illegal immigration at borders which increases the risk of infections. He said that on Monday alone, 5,000 people entered Vietnam via roads. Seventy-seven of them were found to have entered illegally via borders in northern localities while in the south, each area reported two to three illegal entries. He expressed concern over the fact infection rates showed no signs of slowing down in many countries, saying that if Vietnam were in that situation, the country’s medical system would struggle to meet the treatment demand. Every repatriation flight bringing Vietnamese from overseas records positive cases, he added but in spite of quarantine periods, Long warned there is no guarantee some of those cases may spread into the community. He noted that the infection risk was high at quarantine camps at hotels and non-military sites, urging local… Read full this story
- Vietnam travel security risk low, but road safety hazard high
- Car Insurance Guide - How To No Longer Be Considered A High-Risk Driver
- Another 400,000 'high-risk' households to get help
- Three years after East Baton Rouge privatized jail healthcare, inmate death rate remains high
- WHO opens Global Health Office in Vietnam
- New HIV diagnoses in England are the lowest since 2000 as official figures reveal 4,500 were diagnosed with the infection last year
- Mystery outbreak of pneumonia which has infected 59 people in China is still baffling scientists as officials rule out deadly SARS and bird flu
- Non-communicable diseases top cause of death in Vietnam
- What are the most common sexually transmitted infections, how often should you be tested for STIs and what are the symptoms?
- China on high alert following outbreak of SARS-like virus
Vietnam remains at high risk of COVID-19 infections: health minister have 327 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.