The EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) will not only help to raise export turnover but also increase the competitiveness of Vietnamese fruit and vegetables and fisheries products in the European market. The EVFTA opens the door to Vietnam’s agriculture and fisheries products. Vinamex, an import and export company in Belgium, has a solid reputation in this rather difficult market, especially in regard to rice and cashew nuts. Its warehouse in Brussels regularly houses agricultural products imported from Vietnam. Vietnamese rice imported by Vinamex is sold at the Carrefour supermarket in Brussels. Fragrant rice has been consumed in large quantities in Europe for a number of years, but not much has been Vietnamese. Rice from Vietnam has been subject to a relatively high import tax of 5% to 45%, depending on the variety. There are even some EU countries that impose an import tax on Vietnamese rice of up to 100% or higher. Under the EVFTA, the tax rate on rice is 0%, and if Vietnam makes good use of the opportunity to export its 80,000-ton quota then export turnover could quadruple compared to the present figure. Agriculture and fisheries stand to gain a great deal as soon as the EVFTA takes effect. EU countries are,… Read full this story
- Exports of agricultural products from Ukraine slightly decline in H1 to US$8.6 bln
- Ukraine-Germany agricultural products' turnover grows by almost 50%
- China hits back at U.S. with list of 25 percent tariffs on imports including agricultural products
- Azerbaijan detains foreigners trying to illegally enter Europe [PHOTO]
- Russia to Expel Football Fans Trying to Illegally Enter Europe – Ministry
- Everton fans given opportunity to rate confidence in Allardyce
- Norwegian Immigration Boss Blames Migrant Crisis on Europe's Black Labor Market
- Germany jails Vietnamese man over kidnap
- US official says talks with EU will include agriculture
- Marshall Plan at 70: How did the US revive Europe after the Second World War and did it achieve its aims?
Vietnamese agricultural products given opportunity to enter Europe have 318 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.