Experts have officially endorsed Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine, all but assuring the shot will get the FDA’s emergency approval by the end of the week. All but one of the 21 voting experts recommended that the shot get emergency authorization, with one abstaining. ‘Our vote was even more overwhelming tonight than last week’s – I don’t think that anyone should interpret the difference in the votes being one way or another comparing the two vaccines that we considered,’ said panel moderator Dr Arnold Monto. Agency scientists confirmed that the shot is more than 94 percent effective in a data review published Tuesday, and the expert panel is expected to recommend it. The meeting will go all day, and the experts will discuss whether the vaccine has been adequately tested in at-risk black and Latinx Americans and its side effects. One trial participant with a shellfish allergy who got Moderna’s shot had a severe allergic reaction, but it happened 63 days later. Reactions are usually fairly immediate, and Moderna concluded the person’s anaphylactic shock was unrelated. The FDA did find a link between short-lived facial swelling in two people and the vaccine, but it turned out that both people had dermal fillers. … Read full this story
- Hull Live: Breaking news from Hull and East Yorkshire on June 26
- Nigeria: Anglican Church in Disarray As Members Accuse Nigerian Bishop of Embezzling N260 Million, Election Manipulation
- South Africa: Ennerdale Father, Who 'Accidentally' Shot Son Dead, Released On Warning
- Zimbabwe: ED Courts Gay Vote As Zanu-PF in Surprise Meeting With LGBT Reps
- Africa: Hunger and Food Insecurity Plague the Lives of Millions
- Africa: Kenyan Referee to Earn Sh2.5 Million at World Cup
- Nigeria: Could a New Typhoid Vaccine End the Most Misdiagnosed Disease in Nigeria?
- Nigeria: Threats of Ebola, Polio, Other Emerging Infectious Diseases Persist
- Africa: Four Ongoing Tests Offer Hope Against HIV Infection
- Congo-Kinshasa: Congo Ebola Outbreak Offers First Test for Emergency Fund to Prevent Pandemics
BREAKING NEWS: Expert panel votes FDA SHOULD give Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine emergency approval amid hopes the U.S will soon have a second shot to help get 20 million Americans vaccinated by the end of 2020 have 316 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 17, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.