Pfizer/BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine has finally reached Britain after a ‘top secret’ operation to transport the first batch of doses on the Eurotunnel in a fleet of unmarked lorries, officials confirmed today. Government sources say Number 10 was being tight-lipped over the precise location of the precious cargo amid fears criminal gangs could ‘intercept and damage’ the supplies, which England’s deputy chief medical officer this morning claimed would arrive within ‘hours’. But questions over whether or not the prized jab had reached British soil were raised after pictures emerged of lorries stuck in traffic jams outside the busy Calais port for several hours. Department of Health officials tonight confirmed the vaccine had reached Folkestone — but refused to reveal any other details. Britain plans to begin its biggest vaccination drive in history next week, with the first 800,000 shots being taken to specially equipped laboratories to double-check they are safe to use, before being wheeled off to arrive at NHS hospitals and makeshift centres. No10 would not be pressed on details of transporting the vaccine for ‘security reasons’. MailOnline was told that Downing St has purposely kept quiet about the exact locations of the lorries because of the ‘massive risk criminal gangs… Read full this story
- Gina Haspel becomes first woman to lead CIA following Senate confirmation
- US Navy reforms Second Fleet to meet challenges from Russia in the Atlantic
- Gina Haspel confirmed as CIA chief despite scrutiny of her role in interrogation program
- Haspel confirmed as CIA chief despite scrutiny of her role in interrogation program
- Haspel confirmed as CIA chief despite scrutiny of role in interrogation program
- Putin Officially Opens Massive Bridge Linking Crimea To Russia
- Gina Haspel confirmed as CIA chief despite interrogation concerns
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel to lead the CIA
- Home Office official tells man facing deportation it is his job to 'p**s him off'
- Nigeria: Again, 218 Nigerian Deportees Arrive From Libya
It's here! Officials confirm Pfizer's Covid jab has arrived in Britain after secret 'operation' to get first batch of doses through the Eurotunnel in a fleet of unmarked lorries have 309 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.