What are the key players saying about the state of the Brexit trade talks? Boris Johnson: ‘I’ve got to tell you that from where I stand now, here in Blyth, it is looking very, very likely that we will have to go for a solution that I think would be wonderful for the UK, and we’d be able to do exactly what we want from January 1 – it obviously would be different from what we’d set out to achieve but I have no doubt this country can get ready and, as I say, come out on World Trade terms.’Ursula von der Leyen: ‘Positions remain apart on fundamental issues. On the Level Playing Field we have repeatedly made clear to our UK partners that the principle of fair competition is a pre-condition to privileged access to the EU market.’ Emmanuel Macron: ‘I’m not asking to have my cake and eat it [on fishing], no. All I want is a cake that’s worth its weight. Because I won’t give up my share of it either.’Simon Coveney: ‘Let’s hope that Britain will be a partner of the EU, working together with us as opposed to a friend moving in a different direction on the… Read full this story
- How Boris Johnson CAN win over Westminster: PM starts 36 hours of frenetic deal-making to get his deal through Commons without the DUP after victory in Brussels as Jean-Claude Juncker said there will be NO extension past Oct 31
- Boris Johnson is within touching distance of victory in 'Super Saturday' Brexit showdown - but faces having triumph snatched away as Remainers plot 'act of sabotage' to block the crunch vote from happening
- What will happen next in the Brexit saga? Boris Johnson faces knife-edge Commons votes on his deal and possible court battle in Scotland while EU decides whether to grant a delay
- France wants Britain out of the EU 'within 15 DAYS' amid splits in Boris Johnson's Cabinet over whether to call an early general election or try to pass a Brexit deal
- 'We could be stuffed like Christmas turkeys': Tory ministers warn Boris Johnson over his 'Grinch-like' bid for a December election as Labour finally looks set to back PM's call for a snap vote
- Boris Johnson was like a schoolboy on prize-giving day: HENRY DEEDES sees the Prime Minister’s greatest triumph
- 'British independence is alive again thanks to Boris Johnson's triumph' says LEO MCKINSTRY
- Boris Johnson faces new court battle over Brexit: Remainers claim the PM flouted the 'spirit' of the law by telling Brussels he does NOT want the delay he was forced to request
- MPs torpedo Boris Johnson's Brexit plan: Commons votes down PM's bid to fast-track deal and hit 'do or die' October 31 date - despite threats to pull the Bill and force an election
- 'We have the numbers': Boris Johnson claims he has enough support to get his Brexit deal through as 15 Labour 'stand ready to back him'
It's le Snub! Tory Brexiteers slam EU's 'contemptuous treatment' of Britain after Macron and Merkel REFUSE Boris Johnson's request for a trade talks phone call as PM warns No Deal now 'very, very likely' have 488 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 11, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.