American company Novavax on Monday announced that it has launched a phase 3 trial of its COVID-19 vaccine, making it the fifth company to start a late-stage vaccine trial in the US. According to a news release from the US National Institutes of Health (NIH), the randomized, placebo-controlled trial will enroll around 30,000 people at around 115 sites in the US and Mexico. The trial, which is being partly funded by the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), will determine the safety and efficacy of NVX-CoV2373, the vaccine candidate developed by Novavax. "Addressing the unprecedented health crisis of COVID-19 has required extraordinary efforts on the part of government, academia, industry and the community," said NIAID Director Anthony Fauci in the news release. "The launch of this study — the fifth investigational COVID-19 vaccine candidate to be tested in a phase 3 trial in the United States — demonstrates our resolve to end the pandemic through development of multiple safe and effective vaccines." "We've come this far, this fast, but we need to get to the finish line," added Francis S. Collins, director of the NIH, of which the NIAID is part. "That will require multiple vaccines using… Read full this story
- Vietnam set to launch indigenous swine, avian flu vaccines
- Human trial of dengue vaccine approved
- Hanoi to launch large-scale measles-rubella vaccination
- Bản in : Clinical trial says new vaccine ‘safe'
- Clinical trial says new vaccine âsafe'
- South Africa holds human tests of its first locally-made HIV vaccine
- Candidate AIDS vaccine passes key early test
- Domestically-produced influenza vaccines publicised
- Cholesterol-lowering vaccine seems to work in mice: study
- Vietnam hopes to curb dengue fever as vaccine proves effective in trial
Novavax Launches Phase 3 Trial of Its COVID-19 Vaccine in US have 276 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 28, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.