An “unplanned but organized protest” by anti-maskers at a Texas mall ended in one man being arrested last week, police have said.San Antonio Police Department (SAPD) said mall security and an off-duty officer were confronted by members of the group at North Star Mall last Tuesday.Eric Matthew Braden, aged 39, was arrested as officers dispersed the small group. He was later charged with criminal trespass on private property.Cell phone footage posted on social media appeared to show people waving a U.S. flag and singing the national anthem as officers made the arrest.In a statement, SAPD said members of the group were given a criminal trespass warning and told to leave, before Braden attempted to “escalate the situation.” “Security and the off-duty officer had to take one male into custody who was attempting to escalate the situation, but the remaining participants left without further incident,” police said.Braden was transported to University Hospital after “complaints of a pre-existing back injury,” SAPD added.Shoppers are required to wear face coverings at North Star. In response to the protests, the mall said it has “zero tolerance for this behavior on our property.””We ask that our community comply and wear facemasks in our shopping center to… Read full this story
- Protesters rally across America after Trump urges supporters to 'liberate' states
- Priti orders police to take 'decisive action' on eco protesters
- Protesters block several M25 junctions as police arrests at least 74 activists
- Farmers plan to block Jaipur highway; Police step up vigil on Delhi-Haryana border points
- SA police raid alternative community meeting alleging group becoming 'ideological and erratic'
- Morning Digest: Delhi Police busts Pakistan-based terror module; Govt stands by the small farmer, says PM Modi, and more
- Coronavirus update: No COVID-19 patients left in Wuhan's hospitals, Spain's children allowed outside for first time in weeks
- Thursday evening UK news briefing: Nadine Dorries plans war on 'crackpot' TV shows
- 'Pushing people into our open arms': How COVID-19 is accelerating the rise of conspiracy movements
- UK local elections 2016: Labour are 'not credible' under Jeremy Corbyn says shadow minister - but he refuses to resign
Police Break-Up Face Mask Protest at Texas Mall, Arrest One Man have 344 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 29, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.