(This story was first published in The Times of India on Dec 03, 2020) At a time when the world is facing a global health and economic crisis posed by COVID-19, unlocking the potential of a safe vaccine based on scientific evidence to prevent the disease as soon as possible is a must. In the pursuit to control the virus, scientists worldwide, have been researching and developing vaccines, to reduce cases and avert deaths. The invention of vaccine will not only reduce the health-care burden but also decrease in frequency of hospital visits and cut in the healthcare expenditure both by the government and out of pocket expenditure by the people. Fast-tracking the ideal way for developing the vaccine The pandemic has created unprecedented partnerships among experts, national and international agencies and national governments to fast-track the process of vaccine development. The COVAX initiative, part of WHO’s Access to COVID 19 Tools Accelerator is working towards expediting availability of vaccines and treatment under the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI). Realtime information on COVID 19 vaccine is available at https://www.raps.org/news-and-articles/news-articles/2020/3/covid-19-vaccine-tracker. More than 150 vaccines are under trial, very few of them including AstraZeneca (UK), Moderna (US), Sputnik V (Russia), CanSino… Read full this story
- Could a century-old method help treat COVID-19 patients?
- 'The worst of both worlds': What Australia can learn from the UK's return to school
- Winners of chemistry Nobel honored for their efficient new way of making molecules
- Travel latest news: EU edges closer to vaccine passport but says travel curbs will stay for months
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 1
- The furious debate about Rwanda and its autocratic president
- Dollar Tree Inc (DLTR) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Coronavirus RECAP: London added to 'watch list' and Leeds set for local lockdown
- Roblox Corporation (RBLX) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Carnival Corporation (CCL) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
What goes in the making of safe and efficient COVID-19 vaccine? have 301 words, post on bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.