Republican Sen. Ted Cruz and Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez briefly agreed that Congress should investigate Robinhood’s decision to block GameStop trades Thursday – until AOC brought up Cruz’s role in the January 6 insurrection. ‘I am happy to work with Republicans on this issue where there’s common ground, but you almost had me murdered 3 weeks ago so you can sit this one out,’ Ocasio-Cortez told Cruz on Twitter. ‘Happy to work w/ almost any other GOP that aren’t trying to get me killed. In the meantime if you want to help, you can resign.’ Cruz was one of the ringleaders of the so-called ‘treason caucus’ who supported a House GOP effort to challenge Electoral College votes in key swing states, which lent weight to now former President Donald Trump’s claims that widespread voter fraud robbed him of a second term. Their agreement on Robinhood was echoed on the right and left of Congress. Among those who also called for an investigation were fellow ‘Squad’ member Rashida Tlaib; progressive Ted Lieu; ultra-liberal Elizabeth Warren; and on the Republican side, Pat Toomey, a fiscal conservative. All demanded that Robinhood be forced to answer why it had stopped retail investors trading in GameStop,… Read full this story
- Midterm Elections Live Results: Democrats Have Flipped The House And Republicans Will Keep The Senate
- Beto O’Rourke Could Be The Democrat Texas Has Been Waiting For
- Facebook, Amazon and Samsung: 2019 is the year tech couldn't stop screwing up
- Arming the Cartels: The Inside Story of a Texas Gun-Smuggling Ring
- Kamala Harris ramps up push to get Donald Trump banned from Twitter for 'abuse' and 'harassment' with demand letter to company's founder
- We're the 2020 frontrunners and we love it say Trump's re-election campaign as they reveal plans to paint Democrat who wins nomination as a 'socialist'
- Trump withdraws from UN Arms Trade Treaty; vows foreign bureaucrats won't trample on Second Amendment
- Trump and Kim Take 2: President meets North Korean dictator with a handshake and a laugh in Vietnam for their second nuclear summit and heralds the communist nation's 'unlimited' potential as Kim says he has high hopes for their talks
- A bloody outrage: Veterans' fury as former British soldier WILL be charged with murder over Bloody Sunday shootings while IRA terrorists 'are cleansed of crimes' - as ex-Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams holds protest 'in solidarity with victims' families'
- Inside the GOP Clown Car
AOC and Ted Cruz agree on something (briefly): Texas Republican backs socialist's demands for hearing on Robinhood stopping GameStop trades - until she says 'you almost had me murdered 3 weeks ago' have 392 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 28, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.