Boris Johnson will lead a No10 briefing tonight as he faces the wrath of Tories demanding a ‘road map’ for lifting Covid lockdown from March. The PM is to hold a press conference from Downing Street at 5pm amid mounting anxiety about how long the country will be under draconian curbs. On a visit to flood-hit Manchester yesterday, Mr Johnson warned it was too early to say when the crippling curbs would end. Downing Street even refused to rule out the possibility of the third national lockdown stretching beyond the spring and into summer. However, ministers are under growing pressure to lay out an exit timetable, with the 70-strong Covid Recovery Group of Conservative MPs urging the government to start lifting the lockdown no later than March 8. That would allow time for the four most vulnerable groups to have been given vaccines, and the protection to have taken effect. CRG chair Mark Harper said: ‘People must see light at the end of the tunnel and feel hope for the future and businesses need to be able to plan our recovery.’ In the latest sign that the outbreak could be flattening out, new official data show cases dropped last week, although a million people… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson press conference: PM to address nation as Covid crisis puts NHS on brink
- Boris to reveal Freedom Day plans in 5pm press conference
- Boris Johnson confirms 1.25% UK National Insurance rise - breaking manifesto vow
- Brexit LIVE: Boris Johnson sparks FURY as PM renders EU exit pointless - 'Get on with it!
- Boris Johnson faces battle with 70 MPs to introduce vaccine passports for the pub
- 31 days when Indian variant crept into UK - and Boris Johnson was 'too slow' to act
- Boris Johnson warns millions face family gatherings ban until March in new lockdown tiers
- Boris Johnson Thinks He’s in Control
- Boris Johnson announcement RECAP: People will need 2 jabs for nightclubs from September
- Brexit LIVE: Boris Johnson ignores Remainer calls to scrap £120m 'Festival of Brexit'
Boris Johnson will hold No10 press conference at 5pm today as up to 70 furious Tories demand 'road map' for lifting lockdown from March - amid fears he is ready to keep Covid restrictions in place until the SUMMER have 328 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.