At this time of year, the air is colder, the nights are longer and all anyone really wants is something warm and comforting to eat. However, if you happen to be vegan, your options can still be embarrassingly limited. Still, never fear, here’s the pick of the best vegan comfort-food recipes around. Tofu katsu sando Let’s begin with Meera Sodha, who is the vegan writer of the moment. Her New Vegan series in the Guardian is full of delights, but the standout remains her tofu katsu sando with celeriac and apple slaw from last January. It’s essentially a tofu cutlet, coated with panko breadcrumbs and fried – but it’s the curried vegan mayonnaise with the celeriac and apple slaw that really make it. As she says, “it’s carb-on-carb action, and a satisfying sandwich of contrasts”. Lasagne I am not a vegan, but I have tried Justine Pattison’s vegan lasagne, and it is every bit as satisfying as any of its meatier counterparts. As you would expect, nutritional yeast does a lot of the heavy lifting when it comes to cheesiness here, but the white sauce (made with almond milk) and the filling (lentils, mushrooms, aubergine and courgette) pack so much… Read full this story
- Two delicious vegan recipes that will make you want to convert
- How a seemingly respectable couple starved their toddler on a vegan diet that left her weighing less than 5kg when she was 19 months old - and why no one spotted the shocking neglect
- Vegan Parents Left Infant Daughter Severely Malnourished After Placing Her on Strict Diet
- Britain’s favourite winter comfort food revealed – does your number one meal make the list?
- This vegan salad satisfies in a meaty way
- How to have a green weekend in Budapest?
- The best film scenes of 2017
- Healthy Trader Joe's products nutritionists swear by
- 11 of the best garden centre cafes in East Anglia
- The William Rehnquist You Didn't Know
Comfort and joy: 10 hearty, delicious vegan meals for an icy January – from lasagne to tiramisu have 319 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 4, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.