Photo: Alex Brandon/AP/Shutterstock One week after a mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol, the political and criminal-justice consequences continue to play out as lawmakers have called for the president’s resignation and a second impeachment has begun. Below, updates on the volatile situation. Updates appear in reverse chronological order. ED KILGORE: Wisconsin Democrat Gwen Moore came up with one of the more original lines in a fairly repetitive litany of speeches: “As his vice president fled from a lynch mob … as people died, [Trump] looked on with glee.” ED KILGORE: In what was a relatively mild comment by her standards (paralleled by her willingness to obey House rules by wearing a mask and presumably leaving behind the AR-15 that accompanied her so often in her 2020 campaign appearances), Georgia congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene opposed impeachment on the so’s-your-old-man grounds that Democrats were more culpable than Trump for their alleged support of left-wing violence over the summer. It was nonetheless another sign that Jim Jordan (with complicity from Kevin McCarthy) is giving full vent to the far-right fringe of the House Republican Caucus with which he has been closely identified over the last four years. ED KILGORE: Wisconsin Republican Glenn… Read full this story
- Netanyahu, Trump news conference - live updates
- Impeaching Trump Was an Act of Self-Defense
- Nearly all of Trump's House GOP impeachers set fundraising records since Capitol riot
- Harvey makes landfall again as death toll rises -- live updates
- Man, 25, Is The First In The U.S. To Catch Covid-19 Twice, Second Time Worse Than The First
- Cheney, Katko become first House Republicans to support impeaching Trump over Capitol riot
- Twice as many Republicans vote to impeach Trump than Democrats voted to remove Clinton
- House charges Donald Trump with impeachment for "inciting an insurrection"
- Senate Republicans appear ready to hand Donald Trump second impeachment acquittal
- WSJ editorial board suggests Biden should call Dems off impeachment, Trump should resign
House Poised to Impeach Trump for Second Time: Live Updates have 315 words, post on nymag.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.