The US and the UK were racing to reach a limited trade agreement before the political crisis in Washington jeopardized plans to announce a deal within days, according to three people briefed on the negotiations.With less than two weeks in the Trump administration, the goal is still to resolve parts of a longstanding transatlantic dispute over illegal aid to Boeing Co. and Airbus SE. A so-called mini deal would see the US end tariffs on some UK imports, including on Scotch whisky, a month after Britain made a similar gesture to Washington.But recent events in the US, which saw President Donald Trump’s supporters storm both chambers of Congress and spark a crisis that threatens his ability to govern in his final 13 days, appear to have slowed efforts to announce a deal soon, two of the people said.Prime Minister Boris Johnson told reporters on Thursday that Trump was “completely wrong” to cast doubt on the US election results and unreservedly condemned the president’s actions.Biden TransitionTo be sure, even a limited trade deal with the US would be hailed as a big win for post-Brexit Britain. That’s because the chances of quickly striking a more comprehensive accord… Read full this story
- Is Kamala Harris next to go?: California Democrat on brink of exiting presidential race after firing dozens of campaign staff and dropping to three per cent in the polls
- UK car makers' reliance on exports grows as domestic demand falters
- Anthony Davis' Trade Kicker Gives LA Lakers Leverage
- Buy, Sell, Hold: What Should Your NBA Team Do at This Year's Trade Deadline?
- Racing Needs a Bridge – Track Tech Q&A
- Did recent trades nearly cost Kings a key game in Western Conference playoff race?
- Mercedes boss Toto Wolff says no-deal Brexit could cause 'mother of all messes' for Formula One
- BTC Racing announces Chris Smiley as first driver for 2019 BTCC
- The Golden Age Of Drag Racing Part 2
- The Brexit Ramp: Automakers Ponder Britain’s Decision to Leave the EU
UK-US race for mini trade deal slowed by Trump’s mob crisis have 330 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at January 8, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.