Some Democrats want to seek political revenge for the Republicans’ unapologetic use of their power over the past decade to engineer a conservative judiciary. Since October, they have been calling on President Biden to expand and pack the Supreme Court and federal judiciary with liberal judges. Biden has wisely resisted these calls and is setting up a commission to provide thoughtful ways to repair the partisan damage done to the courts over the past decade. When it comes to reforming the courts, Democrats need to tread carefully. Our criminal and civil justice systems are keystones of our economic and political liberty; they keep order and facilitate the peaceful resolution of disputes. Neither system is perfect, but these objectives are unachievable if there is a belief among enough Americans that cases are decided by partisan politics, not justice.The good news is that Biden has entrusted this effort to two highly respected lawyers, former White House Counsel Bob Bauer and former Deputy Assistant Attorney General Cristina Rodriguez. The persistent guidepost for their work must but ensuring the impartiality of the courts. Their big challenge, therefore, is putting this political genie back in the bottle.ADVERTISEMENTSince 2015, Donald TrumpDonald TrumpTwitter permanently suspends Gateway Pundit founder’s… Read full this story
- Egyptian protesters are still waiting for justice over army violence
- How Reston's Representative Voted On Impeachment Inquiry
- Rocky rollout for Warren’s single payer pitch
- Egypt: Morsi to meet judges over power grab - Monday 26 November
- Jeopardy for two White House lawyers as impeachment inquiry zeroes in on them over Donald Trump's Ukraine call being rushed on to secret server after Purple Heart officer 'raised concerns'
- Morsi 'power grab' angers Egypt opposition groups
- Protests erupt across Egypt after presidential decree
- The Latest: Russian ministry ‘not surprised’ by WADA report
- Legal analysis, ramifications of FIFA’s corruption charges
- Egyptian doctors 'ordered to operate on protesters without anaesthetic'
Biden's commission on the judiciary must put justice over politics have 304 words, post on thehill.com at February 7, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.