ROME: Lautaro Martinez is ready to commit his long-term future to Inter Milan after coming close to joining Barcelona last summer, the Argentine striker told Italian daily La Gazzetta dello Sport. Martinez was linked with a move to the Spanish club at the end of last season, but stayed on to play a key role in Inter's bid to win their first Serie A title in 10 years under coach Antonio Conte. “It’s true, we were working with Barcelona, that was the road we were taking,” Martinez told the paper. “I don’t know what to tell you about how close I came to that club. “With Conte I was very clear. I told him: ‘My head is here, that’s a promise, this won’t affect me’. But that’s all in the past now, I will renew my contract with Inter.” Martinez, who has scored 13 Serie A goals for Inter this season to help them go four points clear at the top of the table, insists there is no hurry over announcing his new deal at San Siro. “They will find the right moment to make it official, meanwhile I will keep playing,” he said. “But my future is here, I… Read full this story
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Barcelona to swap Griezmann for Neymar?
- Inter Milan takes aim at Ronaldo and Juventus
- Brampton Brick Reports Results For the Fourth Quarter and Year Ended December 31, 2018
- Braiden McGregor says Michigan Wolverines' new coaches 'awesome'
- Hovercraft on San Francisco Bay? Advocates say its time has come
- Hovercraft on the San Francisco Bay? Advocates say its time has come
- POLITICO Playbook: Why Mueller’s end is only the beginning
- The Latest: SKorea says Trump regrets collapse of Kim summit
- The Latest: SKorea says lack of nuclear deal 'unfortunate'
- The Morning Download: 5G, U.S. vs. Huawei, Set to Dominate Barcelona Mobile Event
Martinez says his future is at Inter, ends Barcelona speculation have 305 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.