London: Health chiefs in the UK on Thursday began what they have described as a world-first clinical trial of patients who will receive different Covid-19 vaccines for their first or second dose, to detect its impact on immunity against coronavirus. The study, backed by 7 million pound of government funding, will determine the effects of using different vaccines for the first and second dose – for example, using Oxford University/AstraZeneca’s vaccine for the first dose, followed by Pfizer/BioNTech’s vaccine for the second. It is being run by the National Immunisation Schedule Evaluation Consortium (NISEC) across eight National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) supported sites and also gather immunological evidence on different intervals between the first and second dose for a mixed-vaccine regimen against control groups when the same vaccine is used for both doses. “This is a hugely important clinical trial that will provide us with more vital evidence on the safety of these vaccines when used in different ways,” said Nadhim Zahawi, Minister for Covid-19 Vaccine Deployment. “Nothing will be approved for use more widely than the study, or as part of our vaccine deployment programme, until researchers and the regulator are absolutely confident the approach is safe and… Read full this story
- China to try UK private investigator working for GSK 'in a closed trial'
- Malaria vaccine study raises questions about effectiveness and dosage
- Vaccination crisis: Matt Hancock pushes ahead with plans to alert parents by TEXT message when their children are due to have jabs
- Ebola vaccine gives 100% protection, study finds
- The big sleep: how the world's most troubled country is beating a deadly disease
- 'My husband is innocent': Wife of detained Chinese lawyer barred from trial
- 'Flash crash' case: UK trader to fight extradition to US
- UK Charges Wife of US Diplomat Involved in Car Accident that Killed a Teenager
- UK charges wife of US diplomat over teen’s death
- Boris Johnson blames 'superstitious mumbo jumbo' spread online about the supposed risks of vaccines for the UK LOSING its measles-free status
UK begins world-first alternate dosing Covid-19 vaccine trial have 328 words, post on health.economictimes.indiatimes.com at February 4, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.