THOSE sticking to the UK for their holiday this year can pretend they’re on the Amalfi coast or in a French villa without even venturing far from home. Dotted across the country are rental properties that wouldn’t look out of place in some of our favourite foreign travel destinations. Since Boris Johnson's travel announcement on Monday, UK travel companies have seen a surge in bookings. Sykes Holiday Cottages reported bookings were up 150 per cent year-on-year and that a booking was taken every eight seconds after the announcement. With self-catered holiday accommodation set to reopen from April 12, many Brits will be keen to book a post-lockdown holiday. And with these properties, you can get a taste of an overseas trip without having to travel abroad… Bayview Tower – Lynton, Devon Feel like you're holidaying on the Amalfi coast at Bayview Tower in Devon, which has panoramic views that resemble those along Italy's Amalfi Coast. The Grade II listed building was once home to CS Lewis, the author of The Chronicles of Narnia, who wrote in his journal, "The view from the balcony was beyond everything I have ever seen". A short walk away is the centre of Lynton which… Read full this story
- 5 Phoenix Estates That Make Pricey Resorts Look Like Shacks
- Talking and walking – UK mentors steer young people away from radicalisation
- Redcar looks to rise from the ashes after steelworks blow
- Escape to paradise with affordable luxury homes
- 'No Stopping' UK Sharing Economy Despite Massive Uber Losses
- Top 10 family-friendly city apartments around Europe
- 'Squatters are not home stealers'
- The Guardian view on housing inequality: the young are paying
- Intellectual property lawyer 'trademarks Sussex Royal brand in America to teach Harry and Meghan a lesson about having a proper plan'
- Charles is 'hurt' after giving millions of his OWN cash to Meghan and Harry: Prince used private income to furnish couple's home and pay for wedding to 'help embrace daughter-in-law into family'
UK rental properties that look like Europe – from a vineyard in Herefordshire to a Devon home with views to rival Amalfi have 322 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.