Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines are used in the WHO-led Vaccines Global Access (COVAX) initiative, to which Việt Nam is a recipient country. — AFP/VNA Photo HÀ NỘI — With the first COVID-19 vaccine doses slated to arrive in the country later this month, the Vietnamese health ministry has issued its initial vaccination rollout plan, including the priority groups to be given the jabs. The vaccines are from the WHO-led Vaccines Global Access (COVAX) initiative, created mainly to ensure supplies for developing countries. Việt Nam as an eligible recipient is set to receive 30 million doses throughout 2021. The 11 priority groups are identified based on the outbreak situation and given the current limited supply of vaccines in Việt Nam: medical workers; people in the anti-pandemic efforts (COVID-19 prevention and control steering committees of all levels, quarantine facility staff, reporters, etc.); diplomats, customs officers and people working entry and exit procedures; military personnel; public security forces; teachers; elders above 65 years old; essential workers (aviation, transport, tourism staff, utility workers, etc.); people with chronic health issues; people who want to study or work overseas; and people in virus-hit regions. The priority ranking is evaluated based on criteria such as areas where COVID-19 cases are present, areas with… Read full this story
- Are unis giving students long-term solutions to mental health issues?
- UK lagging behind on child health – report
- How you can save money on your prescriptions as NHS bans or severely restricts 'low priority items' for millions of patients
- Full list of treatments the NHS is banning you from getting on prescription
- Government plans takeover of charities run by Hafiz Saeed
- Gun lobby pushes back on Trump's gun plans after Florida shooting
- Mosul's bloody liberation: 10,000 civilians died as their city was wrested from Isis
- Special report: Banburyshire GPs encourage getting flu jab to avoid illness
- NGOs in Russia: Battered, but unbowed
- Budget 2017 speech in full: Text and video of Philip Hammond's fiscal announcements on tax, the NHS and housing as it happened
VN's health ministry details COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan, lists priority groups to receive the shots have 322 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.