White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki called the accusations of sexual harassment against New York Governor Andrew Cuomo “serious,” saying the women should be heard and an independent review should move forward. Cuomo, a Democrat, is facing significant criticism and scrutiny after two former staffers came forward alleging the governor sexually harassed them. Lindsey Boylan, who served as deputy secretary for economic development and a special adviser in the Cuomo administration from 2015 to 2018, first came out publicly with allegations against the governor back in December. Additionally, Charlotte Bennett, a former executive assistant and health policy adviser under Cuomo, came forward in an interview with The New York Times published Saturday with allegations that the governor pushed her to discuss her sex life and asked if she ever had sex with older men. “President Biden has been consistent that he believes every woman should be heard, should be treated with respect and with dignity. Charlotte should be treated with respect and dignity. So should Lindsey,” Psaki said when asked about the reports during an interview with CNN on Sunday. “There should be an independent review looking into these allegations, and that’s certainly something [Biden] supports and we believe should… Read full this story
- WH Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham on Impeachment: Democrats ‘Trying to Overturn 2016 Because They Know What’s Coming for Them in 2020’
- Speaker forces Tories to publish sexual harassment policies
- Former CBS Producer Calls #MeToo Rebranding a 'Sham' in Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
- Update: Ryan Seacrest Denies Sexual-Assault Allegations From Former E! Stylist
- Damian Green sacked as first secretary of state after porn allegations
- In Japan It’s Now #WithYou, Not #MeToo—But Sexual Harassment Is Still a Venerated Tradition
- Labour’s sexual harassment complaints procedure is unfit for purpose
- ‘Transparent’ Guest Star Trace Lysette Comes Forward with Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Jeffrey Tambor
- Naomie Harris on being protected from sexual harassment and branding cultural appropriation a 'compliment'
- Opera union launches its own investigation into sexual assault allegations against Placido Domingo
WH Press Secretary Calls Cuomo Sexual Harassment Allegations 'Serious' and 'Hard to Read' have 324 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.